RE RE Medical Misadministrations

Glen Vickers post reminded me of something.

The NRC Produced a fairly good Medical Video and distributed it free to
their licensees in 199, "good Practices in Preparing and Administering
Radiopharmaceuticals".  It was produced  by the Office for Analysis and
Analysis of Operational Data [AEOD] and distributed by the Office of Nuclear
Material Safety and Safeguards.

I just reviewed my copy and although a little dated I am going to show it to
the NM Techs.  The video is based on data from misadministrations and
emphasizes just the kind of errors Glen mentioned, wrong pharmaceutical,
wrong patient, etc.

My copy is not in good shape.  The tracking is off and adjustment doesn't
seem to help.  I am going to inquire about the availability and cost from
the NRC via their web site and will post the info.

Any opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent those
of the Denver VA Medical Center, The Department of Veterans Affairs, or the
U.S. Government.

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer, VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO
80220, ATTN; RSO MS 115
303-399-8020 ext. 2447, peter.vernig@med.va.gov [alternate
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov] Fax 303-393-5026 [8 - 4:30 MT service] Alternate
Fax 303-377-5686

"You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out." Y. Berra