Re: Mixed Waste Question

Patrick:

We tried the RadAway units about two years ago and found that they very efficiently
removed tritium and 32P from liquid radioactive waste (essentially aqueous, very
little organic). I have not tried them at different pH/organic content etc. so that
may be a problem. We obtained them from Naiad and there is literature available on
what to expect from various solvents etc. It would be best to contact Naiad - I can
look for their literature if you need it.

The only problem I encountered was that breakthrough occurred after about 2 liters
- not practical for our purposes except in the case of small volumes of high
activity. Let me know if I can help further. Ray