Mixed Waste Question

I have a researcher who will be generating mixed liquid waste containing formaldehyde (used to terminate the experiment) and C-14 - radiolabeled sodium bicarbonate.  We have a zero tolerance policy for disposal of chemicals or radioactive materials by sink disposal.  Does anyone know of a method to separate the hazardous and radioactive components from this solution or any substitutions which may not be hazardous?  I have attempted to contact a company called Naiad Technologies about their RadAway filters, but haven't been able to reach any tech. support there.  Does anyone have experience with their products and will these products work for this purpose?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Patrick Muldoon
Patrick S. Muldoon, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer