Re: medical misadmin

My message was cut off by Radsafe-We'll try again:

As a point of clarification...

Kansas Radiation Protection Regulations-

28-35-135. Definitions

(1) "Misadministration" means administration of:

(A) a radiopharmaceutical dosage greater than 30 microcuries of either
I-125 or I-131 involving the wrong patient, or the wrong pharmaceutical, or
when both the administered dosage differs from the prescribed dosage by
more than 20 percent of the prescribed dosage and the difference between
the administered dosage and prescribed dosage exceeds 30 microcuries;

(B) a therapeutic radiopharmaceutical dosage, other than I-125 or I-131 as
sodium iodide, to the wrong patient, wrong route of administration or when
the administered dosage differs from the prescribed dosage by more than 20
percent of the prescribed dosage;

(C) a gamma stereotactic radiosurgery radiation dose to the wrong patient,
the wrong treatment site, or a calculated total administered dose which
differs from the total prescribed dose by more than 10 percent of the total
prescribed dose;

(D) a teletherapy radiation dose to the wrong patient, or wrong treatment
site, or a teletherapy radiation treatment in which:

(i) the treatment consists of three or fewer fractions and the calculated
total administered dose differs from the total prescribed dose by more than
10 percent of the total prescribed dose; or
(ii) the calculated weekly administered dose is 30 percent greater than the
weekly prescribed dose; or
(iii) the calculated total administered dose differs from the total
prescribed dose by more than 20 percent of the total prescribed dose;

(E) a brachytherapy radiation dose:

(i) to the wrong patient;
(ii) to the wrong treatment site;
(iii) using the wrong radioisotope;
(iv) using a sealed source that is leaking;
(v) when for a temporary implant, one or more sealed sources are not
removed upon completion of the procedure; or
(vi) when the calculated administered dose differs from the prescribed dose
by more than 20 percent of the prescribed dose; or

(F) a diagnostic radiopharmaceutical dosage, other than quantities greater
than 30 microcuries of either sodium iodide I-125 or I-131, or both:

(i) involving the wrong patient, wrong radiopharmaceutical, wrong route of
administration, or when the administered dosage differs from the prescribed
dosage; and
(ii) when the dose to the patient exceeds 5 rems dose equivalent to any
individual organ.