Hidden cancer risks etc ( mobile phones )

Just browsed through some Swedish "EMF" sources and by
chance found a two year old article in English that
may interest some Radsafers. The article below is
from one of our two major sensational newspapers
(Aftonbladet) in Sweden.

http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/adam/eng/gsm.html

In the article, you will find a person with the initials
OJ (we have a law in Sweden forbidding me to write the
name! - this context may pass but I am not sure).

Anyway, this is the same person as the one I eleven months
ago (see Radsafers archive, Dec. 3 & 4 for details) -
claims about cell phones as potential cancer, asthma,
cardiovascular diseases etc. This person was also on
a major Swedish TV news program about 3 weeks ago warning for
genetic risks with mobile phones for children. His title
read "radiation expert" (he is a neurobiologist). He is
also the person who was interviewed earlier this year in
a TV program about magnetic fields in cars (seat heaters
were like sitting on a nuclear power plant, the car is a
microwave oven on wheels, prostate cancer is increasing
(the last statement was said by one of the program leaders,
etc - in other words very informative to the general public...).
The end of the program was the the buyer of a car should require
from the dealer a statement saying that the car was safe (with
regard to the magnetic fields - they measured 140 nanoteslas
but said that it should be 25 nanoteslas (lovely units for the
public - I don't think that Gauss would have helped the audience
-the instrument for the field measurements was making a buzzing
noice around the instrument panel. They also measure the fields
between the legs of the driver (I think that he sells "protection
devices - I am not sure).

It is stated in the Aftonbladet article (link above) that
25% have mobile phones now - but that was two years ago. Today
it is probably more like 80% with active people. Mobile phones
for kids is a niche that I am sure that many parents like for
a number of obvious reasons.

Our OJ now also appear in a catalog with a "Brain-Cooler" (for
mobile phones):

http://www.clasohlson.se/order/kataloger.html
If you click on the word "Mobiltelefontillbehörskatalog"
("extras for mobile phones") this leads to a PDF file.
Page 17 (in Swedish) says: "Radiation Protection for mobile
phones" - and down to the right on the picture: "You can protect yourself
now" The text says "An alpha-oscillator in this radiation protection device
emits a very weak compensation signal that stimulates the body's own defence
against this type of radiation... This effect has been shown at a number of
international scientific studies... Further studies will be conducted in
collaboration with OJ..."

One informal source has told me that the brain-cooler may have
some business connection to a ODC researcher (ODC=Ornithine
Decarboxylase). I think that this last indication should be
checked. ODC has been claimed to be a tumor marker - induced
by magnetic fields if I recall correctly.

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com
The ideas expressed above are mine and may not necessarily be shared by
others.