Radiation Protection Data Handbook

I want to echo Karin's sentiment that the Radionuclide and Radiation Protection
Data Handbook 1988 (Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 76:1-2 1998, Nuclear
Technology Publishing) is an excellent and easy to use resource tabulating
half-life, specific activity, emissions, exemption levels, tranport categories,
external exposure dose rate constants, contamination skin dose rates, shielding
values (HVL adnd TVL), dose coefficients (dose per unit intake) for inhalation
and ingestion, ALI values adn recommended levels of radioactivity in various
types of containment.

The caveat for United States users is that the dose information is based on
ICRP-60 methods and limits so watch out for the 10CFR20, 10CFR835, and agreement
state regulatory issues.

It's an excellent reference, which, if I were an RSO, I would probably find
indispensible.

Nuclear Technology Publishing has a web site:	http://www.ntp.org.uk	and an
e-mail for sales:  Sales@ntp.org.uk

	Gene Carbaugh