Re: NCRP/NRC recommendations on dose limits for hot particles

At 07:09 AM 11/4/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>The NRC is aware of only 6 hot particle doses that
>have exceeded the 50 Rem skin dose limit, out of more
>than 15,000 documented cases.

This demonstrates a large problem, not an insignificant one. Exceeding the
regulatory limit 6 times among 15,000 exposure opportunities is an
abundance of trouble. Imagine if 6 of every 15,000 TLD readings was over 5
rem! We'd all be in jail. And deserve to be.