RE: Fissile DOT Shipment Question

Generally, if the amount of fissile material is >15g then you will have to
demonstrate the safety of the fissile material.  You will be able to do this
using handbook (or single parameter limits) available in ANSI/ANS 8.1.  The
regulations applicable are in 49CFR172 (or 173, its been a little while
since I've worked with fissile material transport).

The opinions stated here are clearly my own.

Robert Boston Nuclear Safety/Operational Readiness
DOE-ID
850 Energy Drive MS 4160
Idaho Falls, ID 83401-1563
208-526-0356 pager 6-4444 #4413 Fax 6-7414
bostonrd@id.doe.gov