Re: Estimating doses from criticality accidents

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 g2v13a@swbell.net wrote:

> My thanks to Tosh Ushino, Douglas Minnema, and David Whitfil - you are helping a
> "medical-type" understand the tragic events of a few weeks ago [and the drama
> still unfolding].  You are welcome to my part of the bandwidth.

	What is so extraordinarily "tragic" about these events? Dozens of
workers are killed every day in industrial accidents in U.S. alone. Over a
hundred are killed every day in motor vehicle accidents. This accident
involved 3 people who made a very serious mistake and are suffering for
it. Our hospitals contain perhaps a million people who are suffering from
problems that are not of their own making.

Bernard L Cohen
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Tel: (412)624-9245