Tooth Fairy Project

Radsafers,

I was contacted last Friday by a reporter from one of our local independent
TV stations regarding the recent press releases from
our friends at the "Tooth Fairy Project".  Although I did my best to convey
the problems with the study, she still seems to want an on camera interview
this afternoon, which she is supposed to arrange through our Public
Relations Department.

If this comes to pass, I am looking for factual information to clearly
indicate the nature of the science in use by this group.
So far I have Otto Rabe's message of November 4,  Jerry Rosen's message of
November 4, Claude Flory's message of November 5, and Laurie Taylor's
message of March 10.  Additionally, I have the commentary by Dade Moeller
and Steven Merwin on Gould's book that appeared in the 1996 HPS Newsletter.
Unfortunately, the Tooth Fairy people have already warned her that anyone in
health physics is a shill for the nuclear power companies and not to be
trusted.  She was asking me for someone outside of the profession who could
serve as an unbiased judge of the merits of the study.  Any suggestions?

If anyone has any other strong citations that might be of use, please
contact me directly as soon as possible.

Edward Pombier
Director and R.S.O.
University of Miami
Radiation Control Center