Re: Savhanna River Suit Replacement

In a message dated 11/16/99 8:14:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, ixo@ornl.gov
writes:

<< We have been using the Savannah River Suit during the performance of wet
 work at our facility (e. g. rod drive maintenance).  We have found that
 the cost per suit is prohibitive (approx $1000/suit...we only use a suit
 once).  We would appreciate any input from anyone who knows of a
 suitable and economical replacement for these suits.  Please post your

I'm not sure what a Savannah River suit is, but when I've done "wet work" in
the plants, the suit was generally with one of those cheap disposable rain
suits that you can get at a five and dime.  Of course the plants buy them in
bulk.      It was worn over the pc's and duct taped at all the end points to
seal it up.  (I have no idea what nuclear power would do without duct tape!)
   They do of course have a need to buy heavier grade plastic suits,
depending upon the job scope, and I reckon they get them from one of the
standard nuclear supply vendors.

Melissa White

HiRadMissy@aol.com