Re: SR suits: a clarification

I just looked at a Fisher Scientific  Safety Products Reference Manual and
they had just about anything you would want (any major safety supply
company probably will have what you need). You are still going to have to
pay the $ though-here are some examples:

Commander Level A Vapor-tight Suit-$655.30 (L) to $655.30 (XXL), 6+
Durables Level A Suit- $1959.62 (M) to $2117.57 (XXL)
HiGlo Respirator Jacket and Hood (for Type C airline respirator)- $743.85,
5+
Durables Butyl Splash Suit-$473.90 (S) to $521.30 (XXL), 5+
System CPF 4LevelB Splash Suit-$803.65 (S) to $812.65 (XXXL), 10+

The link to Fisher:

http://www.fishersci.com

Perhaps a reevaluation of the required level of protection is in order.

Subject:  SR suits: a clarification

Colleagues,
Savannah River Suits are something like a "S/G jumper" would wear.  They
consist of a clear, NIOSH approved bubble hood which is attached to a
plastic top.  The suit is complimented with a pair of plastic pants.  Of
course, this outfit is air fed.  We use the suit for wet work.  From
what I understand, only Savannah River site makes them.  Again, we are
looking for something which performs the same function, but is more
economical.  I hope this helps.  Respond to Radsafe or my e-mail
address.

Sincerely,
John E. Dixon RRPT
High Flux Isotope Reactor