Surface finish for RP/ALARA purposes

Hello Radsafers!

I'm hoping that some of you can point me in the right direction.  I'm looking
for documents or references that specify how surface finishes (roughness,
porosity, etc.) should be determined during a design process.  We are in the
conceptual design stage, and the engineering folks have asked for references or
citable information to specify what exterior surface finish will be acceptable
in terms of radiological protection/contamination control/ALARA for large waste
disposal casks that will be used for spent fuel and defense wastes.  I can
easily provide them with the base principals, but we need actual studies or
publications that can be referenced.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts on
this issue.

Robin Siskel