Low energy Beta

Hello all,

I am currently tasked with decommisioning a small incinerator facility at a
pharmaceutical research facility.  Since my past work was with the naval
nuclear propulsion program this is a bit new to me.
My main question is does anybody know of a reliable way to scan for fixed
contamination predominately from Carbon -14 and Tritium mainly. I realize I
can use liquid scintillation for loose surface, however state regulators
will want data on fixed contamination other than just solid samples and
research does not reveal an instrument suitable for energies this low.

Thanks ahead!

Heather Hinds
South Carolina Research Authority