RE: Germ-Free Humidifiers-Ozone Production

I'm not totally sure you should worry about the ozone production, if there
is any.   It seems that there is a great deal of argument about how
healthful/dangerous low concentrations are.   On the one side are the
numerous proponents who point to the oxidation of impurities, dust and
pollen precipitation, and germicidal effects, and on the other, the EPA, et
al , saying that one whiff and you're stiff (exaggeration!).

Stipulating that "n" is far too small for validity in this study, I have had
21 months observation of an infant who has been exposed '24/7' to an air
purifier of this type, with no observable negative effects (99th percentile
for growth, active, precocious, beautiful).  See
http://home.rmci.net/maclir/angel01.htm for some older pictures of her.
Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Make something "idiot proof" and someone will make a better idiot