Re: High-level MRS (the acceptable political solution)?

Jerry,
Seabed disposal has two major problems.  There is already an international
treaty in place that prevents seabed (Oceanic) disposal.  Secondly, people
in general fear disposal paths that "appear" to give up positive control of
hazardous material.  I agree seabed disposal did seem a very attractive
alternative, however I don't believe that alternative is still available.
Which bring us back to "We will still need a geologic repository"
(depository), and the sooner the better.  Until we can overcome the
political obstacles and get our geologic repository working, we do not have
closure on the back end of the nuclear fuel cycle.  The uncertainty in
repository start up is probably the greatest barrier to building additional
nuclear power plants.

Andy Tompkins
Woodstock, GA

jatalbq@mindspring.com