Re: [rad-sci-l] I would like a copy of the Science article you

Franz Schoenhofer wrote:

> >Hi John,
> >
> >I've sent the article separately. Jaworowski noted that the figs
> >couldn't be retreived (presume that link needs a subscription, or I
> >can send), but they aren't important to the text (they describe the
> >complete identification of the ~2.8 million base pairs).
> >
> >Dr. Welsh treated Ed Bauser from the week of 9/7 to 10/11. I though we
> >had sent info on this to the list. Ted Rockwell did a write up a few
> >weeks ago (attached). We just took that to the ANS meeting. It does
> >need to be updated following the completion of the treatment and
> >continued reduction of the blood proteins - to lower levels than from
> >his 5-months of debilitating chemotherapy. As described in this
> >summary, Myron Pollycove was heavily involved with Welsh and other
> >doctors that considered this application, and has kept up with the
> >medical specifics. We also took this to Ottawa and Toronto the week
> >before. Both Sakamoto and Tubiana were there, with similar initatives
> >being proposed in Canada.
> >
> >(In Ted's summary, we've discussed the fact that the "conclusion"
> >needs to go further since in addition to saying that the dose is much
>
> Mr. Muckerheide,
>
> Was this really meant for the list?
YES (I'm sorry for the brief attachment that can not pass thru radsafe
unlike the other lists. If anyone cannot decode it, I can send it by
attachment or ascii.)

>You distribute a lot of personal data
> and medical history to more than 2000 RADSAFERS, which is in my opinion
> illegal.
??
What law? Note: Capt. Bauser has stated that he joins us in complaining
about his general inability and months of effort to obtain this
treatment, which is a direct result of the "rad protection" fraud to
maintain the LNT to obtain massive public funds for no public benefit.
The same is stated in a pub'd interview about the experience in Japan.

>The content cannot either be intended for the list, because it is
> full with comments and quotes, which hardly any RADSAFER could understand
> without very detailed knowledge of the personal medical history of people.

Not true. Most people we talk to even have personal/family experience
that enhances their ability to understand. We get few questions on the
basics at this level of discussion. And we can answer questions.

> Could you please refrain from that?

NO. The info is needed to correct the misrepresentations about the LNT
that the knowledgeable rad protectionist-funded
researchers/reviewers/policy-makers are producing.

>Your attitude towards persons, who do
> not fiercly battle the LNT-theory is well known for RADSAFERs.

Interesting phase. For those who "know better" but do not "fiercely
battle"? Why? How do you justify defrauding the public for personal
gain? A job at Paducah? Hanford? Funding from DOE? NRC? EPA? Is such
organized government action morally superior to "organized crime?"

This info is for HPs etc. whose education (from the rad
protection-funded agencies/researchers) has grossly misled them about
radiobiology and rad health effects! We do have a negative attitude for
persons who know better but are complicit in misleading the public for
personal gain (by both direct costs, and indirect costs by causing
nuclear/radiation technologies to be "uneconomic"). They should feel
"uncomfortable" about being challenged; but most HPS and others are just
being informed about this non-science "debate", and are not expected to
accept this "at face value" but to question the LNT myth.

This can't be done thru "the establishment" which continues to suppress
the data (e.g., BEIR VI, NCRP SC1-6, IAEA/Seville, etc. etc.) But they
are not the real audience. The real audience are those ones who will
"indict and convict" them, which can be for "scientific misconduct" as
with Liburdy, for "political misrepresentation" as initiated by the GAO
investigation (which will have substantial effect no matter how it comes
out), and can even reach to criminality in specific instances,
especially as it affects participation by "private" interests in
supporting misleading information for government actions.

Finally, as we've noted, LDR provides health benefits, including
preventing/treating cancer. Millions of cancer patients have been denied
effective, low-cost, low-impact treatment, as Capt. Bauser found having
to go to 9 Doctors before finding treatment, by Dr. Welsh, who we
connected with at the Boston ANS meeting! (which we continue to pursue,
unlike HPS general abandonment of this issue in response to gov't
pressure and self-interest - let me know if you would like a report of
"the establishment" performance, including HPS President Keith Dinger,
at the Boston ANS meeting, while explicitly ignoring the science - again
- arguing to apply ICRP 60 in the US!?)

Since less than a few thousand knowledgeable rad protectionists actively
promulgate this false information, which prevents effective cancer
treatment to millions, the costs of their deaths and unnecessary
debilitating, costly, chemo (>1000 lives each) accrue to those rad
protectionists who prevent such knowledge/research/treatment.

As the LNT "Berlin Wall" comes down, we'll see where those who defend
the LNT want to be counted, as "the oppressors" or "victims" -  remember
Eastern Europe - hardly an "oppressor" to be found! :-)  It's advisable
to many/most to raise questions, e.g., as the 22 mini-articles in the
April 1995 HPS Newsletter (following our first Nov 94 ANS sessions with
the good relationship with Bill Mills HPS President and Andy Hull and
Gen Roessler, and Al Tschaeche and Wade Patterson, among others) rather
than the recent self-interest of HPS, and ANS, leaders suppressing
questioning of LNT policy and ignoring the science.

I'm sure you understand why we won't stop communicating on this issue.
In fact we've been remiss in sending recent substantial data and
information to this list. I'll try to correct that, but to be brief, and
not to include attachments. :-)

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
muckerheide@mediaone.net