Again 8 kB

Mr. Muckerheide,

In your "answer" you stated that your message was intended to be
distributed to the RADSAFE list. This means that you sent a 42 (forty two)
kB message deliberately to more than 2000 persons, of whom only a very
small percentage (I am very polite, I should rather say a very small
permille) is interested in your message. Your message was not only hardly
understandable for me (I suppose also for other RADSAFERs), it was a
violation of the privacy of persons and patients involved, it was stating
non-existing "facts" from isolated cases without any scientific background.
Your statements are not scientific, but only directed by your attitude to
promote your hate against the LNT theory. Your reply is another
confirmation of that.

I have several times also in the RADSAFE newsgroup stated, that nobody can
prove that the LNT theory is valid and that nobody can prove that it is not
valid. Isn't that enough? I do not want to get into details, because a
discussion with you about LNT is as useless as trying to convince
Greenpeace that what they disseminate about nuclear power and radioactivity
is mere nonsense.

I do not know, whether you have tried to get into the media (papers, TV),
but if I were an anti-nuclear editor of a paper or a TV-station I would
invite you to present your opinions - and then an overwhelming majority of
readers and viewers would be totally antinuclear. It would not even need
Gofman and the other guys. In educating people to have a balanced view on
radiation, nuclear energy etc. we need other persons than you.

Your opinion about policy-makers may be right - I cannot judge that from
Austria, but you cannot fight them by hatred and by insults. You claim
scientific evidences - which you have not presented - but phrases (not
phases) like "defrauding the public for personal gain", comparing a
government to "organized crime", to talk about criminality, accusations for
the HPS president, the ICRP, the "radiation protectionists" for causing the
death of people" go much too far and could be cases for the court. To
offend organisations like the HPS and the ANS by stating a "self interest"
and accusing them of suppressing the questioning LNT policy and ignoring
the science goes too far.

I conclude for myself that you cannot present any scientific evidence for
your claims. On the other hand nobody can present any scientific evidence
for the opposite opinion. Therefore your comments - which I have said are
going to far in the direction of offence and could be even a case for the
court - are more than unnecessary. They do not only not help the efforts of
reasonable scientists to put the so called "hazards of radiation" into
perspective, but could be a reason for indifferent persons to oppose these
efforts.

So I ask you again to refrain from such messages. Send it to your friends
privately. We know that some journalists are watching RADSAFE and I think
that no RADSAFER wants to have your private opinion presented in the mass
media as the opinion of the "radiation protection scientists".

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna