Job Announcement

Employment Opportunity!

Staff Scientist

If you know your physics, have an entrepreneurial bent - and energy, drive and imagination, we’re interested.

If you have common sense and a down-to-earth approach to practical problems, we’re even more interested.

If you like a challenge, have a sense of humour and can work independently in a collegial atmosphere, better still.

If you can teach and can convey your knowledge to ordinary folks in plain language, best of all.

We are the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada (Institut de radioprotection du Canada). We are professional, independent, not-for-profit and growing.

We provide practical assistance, advice, information, training, education and a range of scientific and technical services to a diversity of clients and to the public.

Our personal alpha dosimetry service, unique in North America, is certified by the Atomic Energy Control Board of Canada. Our National Laboratories are in Saskatoon.

We require a Staff Scientist to join our team at the National Office in Toronto. To be considered, you will need at least an MSc in physics, health physics or related subject area, or the equivalent in education and experience. Salary is negotiable. Some travel may be required.

If you would like the challenge and wish to be considered, we would be pleased to hear from you as soon as possible. Deadline for applications: December 21, 1999.
Please send applications to:
Ms Tina de Geus, Administrator
National Office
Radiation Safety Institute of Canada, Suite 607
1120 Finch Avenue West, Toronto M3J 3H7
Ph: 416.650.9090 Fax: 416.650.9920