Environmental dose levels in Italy

I have a need to know the approximate cosmic plus terrestrial radiation
levels in central Italy, specifically, in the area around Rome. I am
interested in the directly-measurable radiation dose, thus excluding radon.

Left to my own devices, I would assume that the geology is similar to the
west coast of the US (based on the similarity of the California wine
country to Mediterranean coastal terrain), and that a near-coast location
would have a similar annual cosmic+terrestrial dose of about 80 mrem (0.8
mSv), perhaps less.

Can anyone confirm or correct this estimate? By any chance, is there a good
reference I could consult on this topic?