Re: Again 8 kB, Stevens reply

At 19:00 28.11.1999 -0600, you wrote:
>Nov. 28
>
>	In a posting responding to Jim Muckerheide, Franz Schoenhofer wrote, "You
>claim scientific evidences - which you have not
>presented . . .."; and, "I conclude for myself that you cannot present any
>scientific evidence for your claims. ("Again 8 kB", 11-26-99).
>
>	Mr. Schoenhofer seems to be asking for evidence in support of the hormetic
>effect.
>
>	He could consult the Transactions of the ANS, Vol. 73, TANSOA 73, 1995.
>Pages 16-20 and 32-48 have articles on hormesis or threshold levels,

Thanks Steven,

Your reply is a scientific reply, which I very much appreciate, rather than
Mr. Muckerheides accusations. I know about hormesis, though I have not
followed the scientific literature closly. Your hints are very valuable.

My comment was not directed against scientific evidence of hormesis, but
rather towards the attitude of a person to declare everybody, who is not
fiercly opposing the LNT theory almost as criminal, who abuses US (other
countries obviously do not exist for them) taxpayers money because of
setting too low limits for radioactive material. (This can be read in
RADSAFE archives.) And it was directed towards the damage done to the
reputation of radiation protectionists by using the same methods as the
anti's. The discussion of the tooth fairy project was for me an example
that US scientists are obviously not able (is that true?) to very simply
show that the "results" are absolutly normal and have to be expected. I do
not like the attitude of people to make speculations, there are more than
enough measurements of environmental samples in the USA. As a last
possibility US scientists could look to other parts of the world, where a
lot of work has been done regarding distribution of radionuclides in the
environment, not only regarding the Chernobyl accident.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna