Irradiation of mouse thymus

We have a researcher here at the university that would like to
specifically irradiate the thymus of a mouse using the Cesium-137
irradiator. He asked our office how he could go about doing this. The
use of the collimator will not be possible (at least I don't think so)
and he wants to wrap the anesthetized mouse with lead foil and have a
small opening exposing the area of the thymus. My initial response was
that the lead foil would not adequately shield the rest of the mouse. He
wants to irradiate with a dose of 7 Gray which would be about 10 minutes
of exposure time.  If anyone has any experience or suggestions that our
office could pass onto this researcher, we would be most appreciative.
Please respond to the e-mail address below. Thanks!

Ron Larson
USF Asst. Radiation Control Officer
3500 E. Fletcher Avenue
Suite 523