Odd nuclear question

Hi all,

Someone asked me if the orbital speed of an electron depended on it's
distance from the nucleus.  The entirely unsatisfactory answer that I have
is "I'm not sure".  Does anyone out there happen to know?  Any references
would be nice as well, I'd like to brush up on this particular part of
nuclear theory again.

My thanks as always,

Scott Kniffin

RSO Unisys Federal Systems, Lanham, MD
CHO Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA
mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed here are my own. They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys or NASA.  This material has not been reviewed by my
manager or NASA.