Re: PICs

Folks

The Victoreen 450P, which has been mentioned several times in this thread,
is pressurized to six (6) atm, or, 6 atm x 14.7 psi/atm = 88 psi. The
chamber wall, and "build-up cap" (the primary housing), are polycarbonate
(I think) @ ~400 mg/cm2. It's useful down to ~20 keV (as for Pd-103 in
prostates), as long as you're willing to apply a multiplicative
E-correction factor of as much as two (2).

The Reuter-Stokes instruments are, in fact, much more highly pressurized,
as Rodney says, to 25 atm (25 x 14.7 = 368 psi). The chamber is stainless
steel, with a wall thickness of 2.37 g/cm2, see the HASL-300 Procedures
Manual (1990), Section 3.2.2.

Paging Paul Frame.

chris a.