RE: Ukraine's Chernobyl Plant Shut Down

Bill,

The issue has nothing to do with missing power for summer peaks
Chernobyl has already been shutdown for over 6 months of repairs.
After start-up, it didn't operate for just a matter of days. There is
consensus that the Ukraine, as well as other 3rd world countries are
not ready for Y2K. Therefore, with all of this information, it is my
opinion that we'd all be better off if this accident prone facility
remain shutdown, until after the 1st, to ensure that the industry
does not have the final nail in the coffin. Our industry can not
tolerate any problems during the next month, at a minimum.

> I totally disagree. How would you enjoy it if the San Onofre Nuclear
> Generating Station, near Dana Point, were to shutdown from June until
> September & left you with no electricity for the summer???

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/scperle