RE: GM Calibration Question

Do I understand you to mean that you're trying to calibrate to photons with
an open end-window G-M probe?  If so, you have to know the characteristics
of the source and irradiation geometry with regard to the
secondary-charged-particle complement.  Without knowing more details, this
looks to me to be consistent with electron contamination from a Compton- or
photo-electron surplus, perhaps from a panoramic irradiation geometry.  Does
the apparent dose rate drop when you filter the G-M window with a mm of
plastic?

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca