Re: GM calibration question

"in my opinion you should not try to use a regular GM tube to measure dose. A
lot of the discussion on the list has been on techniques to make a GM
detector indicate dose. The trouble is, it never _really_ works in the field."

I think many people would disagree with your last statement.  Numerous power
plants I have been to use GM tubes to dose rate items for shipping.  They use
ion chambers to dose rate area's for personnel to work/be in.  Then you have
the Nuclear  Navy, who uses nothing but GM tubes for dose rates, and has
successfully done so for the past 50 years.

Thank you,

Michael D Kent, RRPT