Position Opening

University of Missouri-Columbia, Human Resource Services (MU), 130 Heinkel
Building, Columbia, MO 65211-1340; visit our Web page at
http://www.missouri.edu/~hrswww/hrsmu.html
at MU's Environmental Health and Safety Department.  This individual will
act as backup for RSO and supervise Radiation Safety Staff.  We are looking
for demonstrated leadership skills.  Work description includes the conduct
and overall supervision of the following: radioactive material delivery and
inventory; instrument calibrations; inspections; radioactive waste
management; dosimetry and ALARA review; transportation packaging of
radioactive materials; project review for regulatory compliance; radiation
safety training; procedure development; record keeping and computer data
management; and coordination with hazardous materials management, industrial
hygiene, and general safety.  This position requires Bachelors in Health
Physics or equivalent education/experience, 3-4 years experience in applied
health physics.  ABHP certification is preferred.  For full consideration,
please submit application before February 1, 2000.  For further information
on how to apply, contact Brian Kosmiski at (573)882-8143.

Please contact Brian Kosmiski directly. Responses to me or to RadSafe will
be cheerfully ignored.

Jamie Shotts
Health Physicist
EHS