RE: human-human K-40 dose- Reduction due to shielding of background

Stewart Farber wrote:

> If in bed, is the other shielding cosmic rays from the person by spending
> lot of time between the person and space, or is the other spending a
goodly
> fraction of time shielding the person from terrestrial gammas by shielding

> photon flux from the ground?

This brings up bedroom sleeping geometries I didn't want to discuss in my
original (G-rated) email.

Rick

Richard G. Strickert, Ph.D.
Radian International, Austin, TX
---> "All written IMO." <---

Thus, the task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen;
but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which
everybody sees."  -  Erwin Schrodinger