Re: Tokaimura

This discussion really makes me feel concerned.

I find it highly interesting to watch the efforts to safe this poor man.
I learned earlyer about the types of crisis that are part of this
disease, about the time scales and the severity and how they depend on
the dose. The physicians managed to keep him alife against all odds
through the phases I was aware of, but only for running into the next
pack of problems. Surely it is important that those people who might
have to care for the next victim know in detail what may expect them so
they can be prepared. It may sound cruel, but each problem that can be
studied on this man improves the chances for the next one. So even if
it's not possible to save him , the efforts are not in vain, if the
results are spread among those who can make use of them.

As for myself, I am not a physician but a physicist and will hopefully
never have to deal with a victim like this. So it's not useful to
satisfy my curiosity. Am I a vulture now?

Harald

All this are my personal opinions which not necessarily coincide with
those of my employer or his customers.

---
Harald Weiss
Preetzer Strasse 263