Subject: RE: Comments on NRC Soil Limits
Author:  "Abelquist; Eric" <AbelquiE@orau.gov> at Internet
Date:    12/8/99 12:26 PM

Otto-

This may be reconciled, at least to some degree, by recognizing that the
behavioral and physical parameters used in the modeling code are
conservative compared to our understanding of "real" dose from natural
Ra-226.  But again, this is consistent with how the NRC is billing these
values - as screening values, not as the values that give you the best
estimate of the true dose.

Regards
Eric Abelquist
abelquie@orau.gov