RE: History of NRC

Chris,

For the early times, I know that DOE has written some booklets on the
histories of various components of the current DOE, going back to the
origins of the AEC.  I suggest contacting DOE's History Archives (the number
I have is (301)903-5431).  This should get your student to the point of the
breakup up the AEC, and the creation of the NRC.  If they can't help you,
let me know and I will pull out some of my old files.

Doug Minnema, PhD, CHP
Defense Programs, DOE
<Douglas.Minnema@ns.doe.gov>