Re: Ra, 25 mrem/y

I am intrigued by Prof. Cohen's points below.  They stimulate me to suggest a
hypothetical web site with sliders and windows that represent natural resource
sources (oil, coal, nuclear, wind, solar, hydro, other) and a suggested mix (for
developed and developing countries) with the resulting output of KW hours and
pollution, and of course costs (raw materials, capital, and industrial accidents
including the costs of mining and transport of coal to coal burning facilities).

This 'energy policy control panel' if you will, would give consumers a great
education of the risks and benefits of various policy decisions.  For it to be
educational it would have to have the builders intelligent assumptions, their
references hyperlinked, and a place for users to have input with their gripes
with those assumptions.

This would be a great use of internet web technology, get a lot of press, and
begin to create educated consumers who can make intelligent choices.  For it to
be powerful you would need real data of all the costs - including to future
generations, the costs of waste disposal in a permanent facility, security, and
so forth.

Maybe industry would contribute some scientists and budget money and a great
science museum like in Boston, NY, or S.F. would do the virtual construction.  Of
course this is only a hypothetical suggestion.