Dosimetry for 100's kR/hr field

I am looking for gamma monitoring methods from irradiator which contains 2100 Ci
of Cs-137.  We used opti-chromic dosimeters from University of Mass. Lowell and
the exposure rates were up to 0.5 MR/hr (10^6) in contact. The opti-chromic
dosimeter worked fine but the cost of equipment and set-up is a bit too high for
us.
Our samples are small in size and we plan to utilize the high contact dose.

My questions are:

1. I would like to know if there are simple, reliable, and low cost dosimetrys
for this unit.

2. I heard a little bit about "Fricke dosimetry". I would like to speak to some
who has recent experience in use of "Fricke Dosimeter".

Thank you. M. Jo
Myung Chul Jo, MS, CHP
EH&S, Mail Stop 328
University of Nevada, Reno