Re: Cool Fact: Radioactive People

Franz Schoenhofer wrote:
At 12:45 17.12.1999 -0600, you wrote:
We should not give the anti's the argument
that scientists disagree about the impact of natural sources and medical
sources to doses!
With respect and appreciation for your ideas, training, expertise, and profession, I would suggest that *if* there are differences of methodology and facts and opinions derived therefrom - independent thinkers, lay and expert, will learn and we will have an educated citizenry.  You and I do not want sheep who can be fooled by the latest fad, hysterical headline, or pseudo-science.

The exciting thing about science and engineering is its ability to reason with uncertainty, to develop scoping analyses, and statistical levels of certainty.  If you sweep all differences under the rug and attempt to stonewall perfect unity when there are honest differences of opinion and methodology we retreat from the scientific method.

Regards,

Dan B.
Center for Atomic Radiation Studies, Inc. (CARS)
npro1@ziplink.net