Re: Cool Fact: Radioactive People

At 17:09 17.12.1999 -0600, you wrote:
>-------------------------------------
>The exciting thing about science and engineering is its ability to reason
with
>uncertainty, to develop scoping analyses, and statistical levels of
certainty.
>If you sweep all differences under the rug and attempt to stonewall
perfect unity
>when there are honest differences of opinion and methodology we retreat
from the
>scientific method.
>
>Regards,

-----------

My intention was to show that the uncertainties in estimating (I did not
even use the word "calculating") doses to the worlds population are by far
greater than the differencies between various population groups. I clearly
pointed out the differencies and I would never go with perfect unity - just
the contrary: taking into consideration the many dependencies to
geographic, time, development status etc. factors I refuse the intentions
of for instance UNSCEAR to provide "mean doses". The "mean doses" would be
so uncertain that probably all doses to the worlds population could be
included ......

I would not go so far to determine doses to any single member of the
society of all countries. This is why we have in most countries regulations
about maximum permissible doses and why we want to have people with -
usually doses lower by several orders of magnitude - to rest assured.

No intention to sweep differences under the rug!

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7