RE: Standby power

Based on my experience with the power requirements for our irradiators used
for instrument calibrations at a power plant, I believe that the power
requirements should be rather trivial ( Just a couple of relays, a solenoid
and Maybe a controlling PC ).  I would recommend just buying one of the
commercial PC UPS systems.  You can get a unit with respectable capacity for
minimal expense.

Check out Best Power or just pick up a copy of Computer Shopper at your
local grocery store.

Good Luck !

...mine and mine alone ...

Ron LaVera