Re: Death of Hisashi Ouchi -Reply

You are really stirring a hornet's nest here.

Every doctor has a different line to which they will push in saving a life.
Too far one direction and you get criticisms of a personal agenda with
people second guessing your motives.  Too far the other direction and
you will be tried for murder. (Kevorkian)

I don't think questioning a doctor's motives in hind sight will help anything.
I am giving the benefit of the doubt that the doctors wanted to save the
man.  We do not know enough of the personal, private issues to even
speculate.  Family members can give consent in the event a patient is
unable.  Maybe the doctors reached their line and let the man go
peacefully.  Fortunately for the world you are not a physician;
responsible for saving lives rather than deciding for them if they are
worth the effort or not.

Respectfully,

R. Machado (HP)
kmdrmm@prodigy.net