Re: toxic, toxic

>Another option - let's start using the term "highly toxic >journalists" as
>a single word.  As I recall, there were two deaths >at TMI, occuring in car
>accidents as people fled the area, whose >panic was induced by, yes,
>journalists.  Do journalists cause >stress?  Does stress perhaps cause
>cancer?  Hmmm, maybe "extremely toxic journalists".

I have sometimes asked: Why do people sue power line companies ("EMF" fear)
when the real cause seems to be the massmedia people who consistently
misinterpret and scientific and technical investigations? Answer: Because
those who become worried aim for getting money.
There were BTW a significant extra number of abortions in Sweden (ref. Some
Swedish medical publication around 1987) a few months after the Chernobyl
fallout in our country. The panic caused a lot of measures that made some
people increase their risks of dying from various causes - especially by
using cars to go to different places: Many probably increased their annual
doses by moving to areas with higher natural background radiation. One Green
party member I  mentioned earlier (the one who wanted to replace nuclear
energy with safe energy like electricity - I still have that reference - a
weekly Swedish magazine from around 1987) traveled some 120 miles - one
"round trip" - to buy "becquerel free" milk. /My ideas only.

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com