US DOT Reg revision ANPRM

I received the following notice from Fred Ferate of US DOT:

Today, Dec. 28, the Advance Notice of Proposed RuleMaking on the possible
adoption in the 49 CFR Hazardous Materials Regulations of the 1996 changes
to the international RAM transport regulations was published in the Federal
Register (64 FR 72633).  It sets up a formal 90 day comment period.

Although it wasn't mentioned in the ANPRM, we have received IAEA approval
and hope to soon have the ST-1 Table I available for viewing and downloading
on the HazMat web site (hazmat.dot.gov).

I request that you spread the news as widely as you can, and encourage
anyone interested to submit written comments.

Regards,
Fred

Lew
510 242-7040