[ RadSafe ] "Science" reports on background radiation andhealth

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 11 10:53:36 CDT 2005

John,
You well know that Wyoming (high gamma) and Iowa (high radon alpha)
have less cancer and greater longevity (age adjusted) than states with less hormesis
(although there are many other factors, like traditional blue-state values).
What's  your quibble?

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
Dr. Cohen,
Do your studies include high background radiation
levels? Did you look at longevity or only cancers?

Again, I am not interested in radon, but with ambient
exposures.

--- Rainer.Facius at dlr.de wrote:

> Thank you Bernard!
>
> Rainer
>
> Dr. Rainer Facius
> German Aerospace Center
> Institute of Aerospace Medicine
> Linder Hoehe
> 51147 Koeln
> GERMANY
> Voice: +49 2203 601 3147 or 3150

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com