[ RadSafe ] Re: The demise of LNT

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 10:23:02 CDT 2005

On 12 Aug 2005 at 8:14, jjcohen at prodigy.net wrote:

>  IMHO, scientific problems are best solved by science, while political
> problems should be corrected by political action. Whether or not it
> has a sound scientific basis, as long as LNT remains politically
> correct, it will continue to prevail.

Jerry, you are correct in your assessment. In my humble opinion, LNT
will continue on well beyond our mortal years, and more likely than
not, will have a half-life no less than Ra-226!!!! In other words, it
is not going to go away.

One only needs to look at how regulations, policies and guide-lines
are becoming even more restrictive in the EU and other international
locations. So far, here in the USA, there has not been a move towards
more restrictive regulatory limits. That doesn't mean that we won't
see a move in the future.

Science and politics are not synergistic. This will not change.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/