[ RadSafe ] Government and money

jjcohen at prodigy.net jjcohen at prodigy.net
Sun Aug 14 10:21:48 CDT 2005

    Maybe we should not complain so much about the needless squandering of resources on low-dose radiation control. Note the following:

"The highway bill just passed by our Republican Congress (with the president's blessing), at $286.4 BILLION is the most expensive public works legislation ever passed," he writes.

"The National Taxpayers Union put it best when describing one of the more offensive projects in the bill: $220 million for a 5.9-mile bridge connecting Gravina Island (population 50) to the Alaskan mainland. The cost of the bridge alone would be enough to buy every island resident his own personal Lear jet.'