[ RadSafe ] Government and money

Richard L. Hess lists at richardhess.com
Sun Aug 14 14:47:26 CDT 2005

It's a little more complex than that.
http://www.gravina-access.com/Default.htm
http://www.dot.state.ak.us/stwdplng/projectinfo/ser/Gravina/index.shtml
Since I am a fan of Alaska (though now living in Aurora, Ontario), I
thought I'd look and see what this was about. It's about connecting
the city of Ketchikan to its airport by road rather than ferry. From
the map, it looks as if the 5.9-mile figure includes all the access
roads as well as the bridges (there are two).

Now, whether or not this is worth it, I cannot say, but certainly a
city should have a road connection to its airport.

It's also about growth--and creating the ability to grow.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                           email: richard at richardhess.com
Vignettes