[ RadSafe ] Central Dose registry

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 17:35:23 CDT 2005

On 22 Aug 2005 at 12:39, Frikkie Beeslaar wrote:

> How do they do it in other countries?

Hi Frikkie,

Just returned home and can provide you with some information.

(1) Canada and the UK have a Centralized Registry, primarily for
specific class of radiation workers. In the UK they are called
Classified Workers, and in Canada, they are those that come under the
regulatory authority of the CNSC, or the specific Provinces, and, the
individual must exceed a specific dose threshold.

(2) In the USA there is the PADS system (Personnel Access Data
System) and is used primarily for transient nuclear power reactor
workers. This is not used for permanent staff.

There are probably other registries but I don't have that information
for you at this time. I can provide you with contact information for
the UK and Canada if you would like.

Regards,

Sandy
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/