[ RadSafe ] Re: Universal Hormesis mechanisms in vivo?

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 14:37:25 CST 2005

Jim,
Thanky you for clarifying the issue and keeping it
focused.  I wish others would do the same and not
bring in other issues not relavant to the topic.

The reference to stress response protein I think is a
good example of the situation.  I think that is also
important to remember that a response may be neither
"good" nor "bad."  Again, the difference between a
causual relationship and a casual relationship.

I am not sure if citing a 1920 paper is really
relivant to what we do today.  Bone marrow surpression
is a common fact.  That is one of the reason we use
focused external radiation beams.  It is still a
significant concern in chemotherapy and radionulide
therapy like I-131 ablaiton therapy.

http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/DD3/Murphy20PNASResistMiceCa!.pdf

> (just a couple of pages).
>
> Regards, Jim

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com