[ RadSafe ] RE: Nasal Swabs?

Paul, Tim Tim.Paul at bannerhealth.com
Fri Sep 16 10:19:10 CDT 2005

A couple of things to remember about nasal swabs...

1. They need to be performed right away. Waiting for a medical
examination may very well lead to a false negative result.

2. Be careful about using nasal swabs as a no go for bioassay, because a
negative result means nothing. Only a positive result is diagnostic.

Best Regards,

Tim Paul, MS, CHP, DABR
Radiation Oncology Dept.
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center