[ RadSafe ] Calculated Health Impacts of Reducing NaturalBackground Ionizing Radiation

Muckerheide, James jimm at WPI.EDU
Thu Apr 6 20:07:08 CDT 2006

Bobby,

I'd also add that the epi studies of rad workers are not really "poorly
designed" so much as that they simply denying the reality of the results.
The epi's have NO recognition of biology, and they are biased by their
funding sources to believe that any radiation dose must be harmful.

The toughest problem was the most definitive nuclear shipyard worker study
designed to have NO healthy worker effect, but they have to claim the HWE in
order to avoid admitting that LDR reduces cancer.  Since that was such a
problem, the study was not published so it has never been subject to formal
review, so the HWE claim has not been able to be challenged.

Since then, most human studies, especially the nuclear worker studies are
designed to compare workers to the general population to be able to claim the
HWE.  It would, of course be easy to compare power plant nuclear workers to
power company non-nuclear workers.  But... :-)

Note that these same epi experts concluded (correctly), in advice to the
gov't of Canada, in 1988, that cancer can not be significantly affected by
the HWE (caused by the age-dependence of cancer, and the latency of cancer).
Of course, there is an excess of cancer over the general population in
workers that are actually exposed to carcinogenic conditions!

Regards, Jim

Behalf Of
> Scott, Bobby
> Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:47 PM