AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: depleted uranium cherry & battle

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 16:52:07 CDT 2006

Franz,
I do not know when DU was first tested or used, but it
is an intriquing question.  I guess the Austrians do
not want to take credit for that technology.

--- Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at>
wrote:

> John,
>
> This is a good question. Who used DU first? Who used
> it first in combat?
>
> I spent in summer 1977 two months at the Austrian
> Military as a volunteer,
> being an Assistant Professor at the Technical
> University of Vienna.
>
> I remember more than well, that in 1977 we were
> instructed (I served at a
> unity of tanks), that there existed munitions
> containing uranium (there was
> no questions then about depleted or natural
> uranium), which would penetrate
> all kind of armor. Also tungsten was mentioned.
>
> Now I would like to receive information from you,
> when the DU was actually
> first tested and used.
>
> If in 1977 at our Austrian army it's use was known,
> then it should have been
> known at least 50 years before internationally (I am
> exaggerating.....).
>
> Franz Schoenhofer
> PhD, MR iR
> Habicherg. 31/7
> A-1160 Vienna
> AUSTRIA
> phone -43-0699-1168-1319

"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."
Titus Livius
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist