[ RadSafe ] Re: How Much Did You Pay The Fraud Rokke to Speak to You?

Roger Helbig rhelbig at california.com
Fri Apr 28 02:03:53 CDT 2006

In tracking another of the anti-DU crusaders, Asaf Durakovic, I found the following reference which supercedes the reference that Rokke goes around the world hitting the DoD over the head with .. he is not even current, but he is the "expert"

http://www.afrri.usuhs.mil/www/outreach/pdf/doa_policy_05-003.pdf

This provides very detailed procedures for medically treating and following up soldiers exposed to DU.

OTSG/MEDCOM Policy Memo 05-003
0 4 MAR 2005
Expires 4 March 2007
MEMORANDUM FOR Commanders, MEDCOM Major Subordinate Commands
SUBJECT: Medical Management of Army Personnel Exposed to Depleted Uranium (DU)
1. References. See Annex 1 to the enclosure.
2. Purpose. To clarify established policy, expand responsibilities and procedures, and provide additional guidance for the medical management of Army personnel exposed to DU (enclosure).
3. Proponent. Proponency Office for Preventive Medicine, San Antonio, COL Robert R. Eng.
4. Details.
a. This policy supersedes OTSGIMEDCOM Policy Memo 03-007,13 Jan 04.
subject: Medical Management of Army Personnel Exposed to Depleted Uranium (DU) (reference 4, Annex 1).
b. This policy directs the implementation of the 9 Apr 04 Department of Defense
Health Affairs memorandum and the 30 May 03 Department of Defense Health Affairs Policy 03-012, for Operation Iraqi Freedom Depleted Uranium (DU) Medical  Managernent (references 1 and 2, respectively, Annex I ) , supports the 6 Feb 04 epartment of Defense Health Affairs Policy 04-004 for Biomonitoring Policy and  proved Bioassays for Depleted uranium and Lead (reference 3, Annex I), and
provides further policy, responsibilities, procedures, and guidance for the medical
management of patients exposed to DU.
-
c. All personnel with actual or potential exposures to DU will continue to be
identified, assigned a potential exposure level (I, 11, or Ill), assessed, and treated (if
needed). The identified personnel will then be monitored and tracked according to the responsibilities, procedures, and guidance provided in the enclosure.